- The Army Community Resource Guide web site is a public information service provided by the Director, Army Public Health Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
- Except for information identified as copyrighted, information presented on this web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied.
- Photos appearing on this web site are used under contract with commercial stock photography providers and may not be reused without permission of the copyright holder identified in each image's metadata.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes (see below). This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) (see Use of a third party tracking service below) may be used on this web site to evaluate the quality of online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience with this web site. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department web sites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at USA.gov
Web Measurement and Customization Opt-Out.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines General Schedule 20. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5250.1.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Standard Information Collected on Web Document Requests
The following is an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a World Wide Web document:
xxx.yyy.com - - [28/Jan/2000:00:00:01 -0500] "GET /armymed/news/mercury/99-12.html
HTTP/1.0" 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/www.altavista.digital.com
xxx.yyy.com (or 188.8.131.52)-- this is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, (....com) the requester is coming from a commercial address. Depending on the requester's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
[28/Jan/2000:00:00:01 -0500] -- this is the date and time of the request
"GET /armymed/news/mercury/99-12.html HTTP/1.0" -- this is the location of the requested file on AMEDD
200 -- this is the status code - 200 is OK - the request was filled
16704 -- this is the size of the requested file in bytes
Mozilla 3.0 -- this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
www.altavista.digital.com - this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find AMEDD.
Requests for other types of documents use similar information.
Use of a Third-Party Tracking Service
- This web site uses the Google Analytics (GA) third-party tracking service to monitor site usage and trends. We use the information compiled by Google Analytics in aggregate form to help us make this site more useful to you, our audience. Through the GA service, we are able to monitor the number of visitors to the site, which features/pages/search terms are most popular, the general location (region/country/city) of site visitors, the type of devices and networks they use to access this site, and their web browser type and version.
- Google Analytics utilizes web browser "cookies" to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors. Read more about
Google Analytics cookie usage on websites. You may decline Google's cookies by setting your web browser's preferences to disallow third-party cookies or at Google.com
opt out of Google Analytics tracking. If you choose to allow the usage of third-party cookies, Google will use them to collect general information about your visit to the Community Resource Guide web site (including your IP address and pages visited).
- Google Analytics processes information on servers in many countries around the world and may process your information on a server located outside the country where you live.
- The Army Community Resource Guide does not use Google's advertising features (AdWords, AdMob) and does not collect user information associated with these advertising services.
- The Army Community Resource Guide does not collect Google Profile information.
How we use the information we collect
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve this web site and to develop new services for our audiences.
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of this online service.